Offset your jet travel
- For many Americans, jet travel is their biggest environmental sin, according to this NY Times article.
- The average American generates about 19 tons of carbon dioxide per year.
- One round trip flight from New York to San Francisco or Europe generates 2-3 tons of carbon dioxide per person.
- Shorter trips actually generate more carbon dioxide per mile.
- With carbon offsetting, you can invest in programs that are reducing carbon generation.
- North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA) has a program to increase the energy efficiency of low income houses and small businesses in North Carolina.
- You can offset your jet travel at NCSEA, with these three steps: